Today, even the ubiquitous health promotion cannot reduce the number of smokers. But most are completely unaware that they don’t smoke according to the rules, to the detriment of themselves. Improper smoking is more harmful to the body.
What difficulties do you seem to have during smoking?
Just take out a cigarette, light it, hold it in your lips, then inhale. In reality, however, everything is a bit more complicated, there are also rules and characteristics in the smoking process that need to be considered. If you follow them, you can slightly reduce the damage to your body. In this article, you will learn how to properly hold and smoke a cigarette.
What should I do first?
There is a simple gesture for people who have been smoking for a long time. Before lighting a cigarette, they either hit the package in the palm of their hand or lightly slap it on the table to shake its contents. They make the same move with the cigarette when it is taken out of the pack. From the outside, it may seem like some kind of obligatory ritual or some kind of nervous habit. But if you ask the smoker why he does it, he realizes that in this way he weakens the tobacco, relaxes it. The fact of this manipulation is that the cigarette is easier to smoke, lasts longer, and will not be as strong.
The next step is to find out how to hold your cigarette correctly. To do this, you need to squeeze it at the base of two fingers. It is best to squeeze between the index and the middle. Then lower the cigarette.
It is known that most men who smoke prefer to pinch their cigarettes with their index fingers and thumbs, thus hiding the smoking gobo from others.
To hide a bad habit, you need to hold the cigarette in the same way, but bend your fingers toward the palm. This can make the cigarette less visible in your hand.
Let's light a cigarette on it now. This can be done with a match or lighter. The cigarette should be squeezed between the lips and the fire brought up to the opposite side. At this point, you need to start drawing air through it. Just like drinking liquid through a straw - these actions are somewhat similar to each other. The moment you light a fire, wait until the cigarette starts to burn on its own. Without waiting for this, it simply goes out, so you need to give it a chance to flare up. The cigarette smoking process should be uniform.
General smoking habits
How to properly smoke and hold cigarettes? There are many different methods. We will share with you those that are used more often than others.
- You should start by holding a cigarette between your lips. Hold with your fingers, light it and inhale the smoke. Do not do this too harshly, otherwise you will get a severe cough.
- In order to taste the tobacco, you need to hold the smoke in your mouth for a few seconds to cool down.
- The smoke should then be extracted from the mouth. This should be done with slightly compressed lips like a kiss.
- The entire smoking process should be continued until the distance between the filter and the smoldering tobacco is half a centimeter.
- Don't forget to shake off the ashes. This should be done after every second or third puff. The ash should be shaken off by holding the cigarette with your thumb and middle finger and tapping closer to the smoldering edge of it with your index finger.
The French way of smoking is also widespread among smokers. It is that after a puff, the smoke is exhaled through the mouth, after which it must be re-inhaled through the nose.
In addition, there is another known method that differs in that the smoke is exhaled through the nose. For example, a person may not smoke and literally blow out the smoke immediately without inhaling it into their lungs or holding it in their mouth. So, it barely reaches the lungs.
If you are trapped in bad habits, especially smoking, you need to learn not only the rules of the process, but also the rules of behavior when you want to smoke.
A person who is wondering how to start smoking clearly seems embarrassed during the process. For an aesthetic look, you should try to follow smooth movements when pulling and not coughing.
What is smoking etiquette and what?
You’ve learned how to smoke and hold a cigarette properly, but that’s not enough, it’s also important to learn about the informal etiquette of smokers.
It consists of the following rules:
- When you have finished smoking a cigarette, it must be completely extinguished.
- Before lighting a cigarette at a party or other car, you must ask permission from the property owner or driver.
- It is extremely bad manners for a woman to smoke while walking. This is acceptable for men.
- It is not customary to talk with a cigarette in your teeth, to blow smoke in front of your conversation partner or around other people.
- If you have not finished smoking and put your cigarette in the ashtray and it goes out, you should not light it again.
- If you smoke an indoor cigarette, do not shake ash to the floor. You must use an ashtray to do this.
- If a woman chooses to smoke in the presence of a member of the opposite sex, the man should bring the light of the cigarette.
- If someone asks you to smoke a cigarette of your own, you should know that it is a violation of etiquette, and you can only do so in extreme cases.
What do you need to know about smoking?
- Never smoke in areas where flammable materials are present.
- Smoking on an empty stomach can cause nausea.
- Smoking can lead to miscarriage in pregnant women.
- Nicotine provokes the appearance and worsening of ulcers, intestinal colitis, and other gastrointestinal problems.
- Nicotine poison from smoke often affects the lungs, larynx, esophagus and other organs, causing cancer.
- Second-hand smoke is as dangerous to health as active smoking, especially for people with asthma and heart problems.
- Reproductive male and female function is directly dependent on smoking.
- Smoking is prohibited in bed as the smoldering cigarette fire can collide with the material and cause a fire.
- Beginners may develop symptoms of nicotine poisoning. As long as the body becomes accustomed to the bad habit, the symptoms may manifest as nausea, dizziness, and vomiting.
In this article, we looked in detail at how to hold a cigarette and how to smoke it. Whether you become addicted to this bad habit is up to you. Before you start smoking, you need to be aware of all the possible health consequences and risks that smoking can provoke to you and your loved ones.